with Life’s Little Laughables

Sunday, September 1, 2013

This Summer's Home Project

I have been promising my two older daughters that we would paint a mural on their bedroom wall for the past couple of years.  Their bedroom has tan carpet, tan walls, and a baseball fan.  The previous owners of the house had a son in that bedroom (and when we moved in our youngest just turned one; my husband and I both thought that we might try for a fourth child - and possible son - for that room.  Luckily, exhaustion and being too busy raising three girls, talked us out of that crazy thinking.)

I told my daughters to sketch out what they would like painted on the wall.  Here is the sketch (even with the bunk bed drawn in for reference):



We had an open weekend at the end of July.  We figured we would take all day Saturday and Sunday and conquer this fun little family activity.  We ran out to Lowe's to pick up the paint:



It was really cool seeing how excited the girls were over getting started and painting their parts.







The Creativity Zone

After about three weeks, we were finally done with our little weekend project.  And despite a rocky start (with hubby and I having creative differences over paint colors and painting styles), I am happy to say that overall, it was a good family bonding experience.





Creatively Yours,

Me

Motivational Moment:

I found the following quote on a magnet at Barnes and Noble's, which of course I had to buy:

"May you always have enough happiness to keep you sweet; enough trials to keep you strong; enough success to keep you eager; enough faith to give you courage; and enough determination to make each day a good day!"  ~Blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment