with Life’s Little Laughables

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Random Life Rant

Sometimes you just want more out of your life.  You feel inspired to do great things; be so much more than you currently are.  You feel trapped and burdened by your responsibilities and the drudgeries of life.  The problem is not really knowing what it is that you want to do and how to go about doing it.

I just came home from a fabulous massage at Salon Patrick's.  I love all the little extra's you get with massages there.  It starts with a hot foot soak in the relaxing, quiet, spa setting; away from all the activity of the salon.  Then you go into the massage room and you get a choice of aromatherapy.  I LOVE this little added benefit, since I love aromatherapy.  At the end of your massage, they put a hot towel on your back and your feet.  I had a wonderful experience; thank you Alison!

While I was at the spa, luxuriating in relaxation, I decided that my dream job would be to travel the country and review spa's.  I could critique their process, building layout, atmosphere; what works well and what needs improved upon to make it the ultimate relaxation destination.  I would excel at it because it is my passion; because I truly know what works and what doesn't work when it comes to a relaxing spa setting. 

I, of course, realize that everyone would love to live their passion; few are lucky enough to do it. 

After I started writing this blog, I was surfing the top stories on AOL and I came across this blog by Jessica Fox, and of course, serendipitously (and you know how much I love serendipity!), here was her first paragraph:

"The Navajos tell a story of the "pollen path." This does not refer to some allergy nightmare, as my sister helpfully pointed out, but as defined by Joseph Campbell, this is a path through life that is true to the individual and his/her unique passions. Psychologists would call this an ego-syntonic existence -- here, the outer world matches the inner one, so that each leaf, each branch along the path, and even on the ground below and in the infinite sky above, looks as if it is covered with pollen: golden, filled with possibility."

An "ego-syntonic existence".  Living a life true to our unique passions.  This is exactly what I am talking about.  What a happier world we would live in, if we all lived a life true to our passions, true to our selves.


Spa Critically Yours,

Me


Motivational Moment:

Today's Motivational Moment is dedicated to my daughters.  I asked the three of them what motivates them or what makes them happy.  Here are their responses:

Daughter A: Friends, Family (sometimes), Music, and Oreo's.

Daughter B: Books, Friends, Family, and Laughter.

Daughter C: I don't know.

Daughter C was not in the mood for my questions, although I can tell you she loves playing dolls with her sisters, playing with her friends, and watching movies.

May you live a life true to your passions!

No comments:

Post a Comment