with Life’s Little Laughables

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A Mother's Love

Unconditional Love.  That is what all Love should be.  Whether it's for a parent, a child, a sibling, or a significant other.  Love, in its true essence, is unconditional.  However, I find in my perfectionism, that while I have it for my children, I don't have it as naturally for my significant other.  In fact, I tend to be much more critical of my significant other, even though I wish that was not the case.  How much easier life - and certainly marriages - would be, if we all loved everyone in our lives unconditionally.  *sigh*  Utopia. And here I go again wishing for all to be perfect.

Well, since I can't obtain perfection in all things, I will say that being a parent has shown me that it is unconditional love, or certainly as close to it as truly possible.  As evidenced by my feelings towards my daughter and the Mother's Day card she made me this year:



She is 12 years old (going on 20).  Her cards are typically written with such love and sweetness that I treasure them, particularly since she has become quite surly in the last two years.  But this year's card matches her current personality (well, when she's tired, that is).  And it made me laugh in its brutal honesty.  I will say that when she's not crabby, she actually has a wonderful sense of humor that I am truly enjoying.  All I can do is love her.  She's currently my little punk, but I still love her unconditionally.

Oh, if only I were like that in my romantic relationships.  Poor guys don't stand a chance.  ;-)

Keep Lovin On,
SG

Motivational Moment:

One of my Life’s Little LaughablesTM: with the aforementioned daughter of mine. 

The following conversation occurred driving home the other day:

Me: I have got to lose this gut!!
Her: What is your 'gut'?
Me: My fat belly!
Her: So the saying "listen to your gut" means "listen to your FAT?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment