with Life’s Little Laughables

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Monster Trucks and Murphy's Law

Yesterday, my minivan was taken to a repair shop to fix the dent in the door that occured on last summer’s vacation (blog link).  Since the shop will have it for 6 days, I needed to get a rental car.  I was excited to hear it was going to be a Toyota Sequoia; I have always wanted one of these huge SUVs (even though I cannot afford it) because I am tall and I literally hate crawling out of small cars.  I have always found it much more enjoyable to get in and out of a SUV versus a 4-door sedan (and 2-door cars are even worse!).  However, I am used to driving mid-size SUVs, such as a Toyota Highlander or a Chevy Blazer, so I was a little surprised with just how big this puppy was.  I actually have to step up into it, rather than just sliding sideways into it, but that’s cool. 
Murphy’s Law decided to have some fun with me when I pulled it into my garage for the first time (and I know what you are thinking…but I did NOT hit the garage).  After I safely pulled it in our garage, my daughter opened her door to get out, and the big, heavy door swung wide open…right into the door of our Chevy Malibu, causing a rather noticeable dent.   *SIGH*

Being Challenged by Murphy Again,
Me

Motivational Moment: 
Today’s Motivational Moment is dedicated to the Children’s Hospital of Dartmouth Hitchcock.  Kudos sent out to the CEO for not only allowing this Katy Perry's Roar video to be made, but for participating in it as well.  Truly beautiful!
I bow down to all health care professionals for choosing a life path that helps others in such a personal, hands-on way, particularly those who work in hospitals as well as with children.  To compassionately be there for people who are feeling their worst is nothing short of inspirational.  Thank you for all that you do.  Hugs to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment