with Life’s Little Laughables

Sunday, January 20, 2013

For The Love of Massage!

Well I figure since my last blog was a complaint (aka rant) about new appliances, this one should have a positive spin to it.  Yin and Yang.  Now my world is balanced.  (Ha!  If only it were that simple.) 

I had the pleasure of having a massage today.  I LOVE massages!  I adore them!  I wish I could have one every day.  As I was laying there in complete bliss, I was inspired to write.  How fabulous to be able to indulge in a luxury such as a massage.  It had been awhile since I had the opportunity to enjoy a massage because I had the dubious luck of coming down with the flu that is currently sweeping across the nation.  Add having the flu to it being holiday time and boy was I overdue for some serious relaxation!

It never fails to amaze me at how wonderfully I can escape with a massage.  I can be hurried, stressed, upset, sad, exhausted, frustrated, etc. and when I walk into that room and hear the soothing, relaxing music and smell the calming aromatherapy, it is like walking into another world; it is an escape from reality.  It has now become a Pavlovian response; after years of getting massages and experiencing complete relaxation, as soon as I am in the environment, the stress immediately starts disintegrating.  And then the massage starts.  The body relaxes, the mind calms, the breathing slows.  You are taken away from all your worries and stresses.  Your body melts.  There is only you, the music, and the wonderful masseuse who is giving you one of the best gifts one person can give another: relaxation.  (Thank you Debbie, Anthony, and Mike!)

Now I know not all people enjoy massages; some people are not comfortable having someone else rub their body, for whatever reason.  My wish for you is that you have something in your life that provides you with blissful relaxation.

This Serenity Goddess's ultimate luxuries: A fabulous, relaxing massage, delicious chocolate, and an enticing romance novel.  Mmmmmm!  We must all enjoy times of bliss during our life's journey!


Indulgently Yours,

Me


Motivational Moment:

1. When I was signing on to write this blog, I came across another blog that I thought was inspiring.  It is: menopausegoddessblog.  What I loved about this blog is that it refers to the authors as goddesses and then calls each one a Venus (such as Lynette-Venus).  Gotta love it!  Now mind you, the topic is a little scary for those of us who are not there yet but are well on our way!!  But nonetheless, their humor and attitude are refreshing for something that is not all that fun to experience but must be experienced nonetheless.  Good for them for making the best of it and helping others do the same.  You go Menopause Goddesses!

2. Quote: “If we never experience the chill of a dark winter, it is very unlikely that we will ever cherish the warmth of a bright summer’s day. Nothing stimulates our appetite for the simple joys of life more than the starvation caused by sadness or desperation. In order to complete our amazing life journey successfully, it is vital that we turn each and every dark tear into a pearl of wisdom, and find the blessing in every curse.”   Anthon St. Maarten, Divine Living: The Essential Guide to Your True Destiny

I was thinking about this the other day.  This whole thought that if you didn't experience rough times, you wouldn't enjoy the calm ones as much; or if I didn't experience stress, I wouldn't get anywhere near the blissful relaxation that I get from massages.  Now that I think about it, that is probably the reason my husband can take or leave massages.  He tends not to have the level of stress that I put on myself (yes...I do realize this.  It's one of my acclaimed character flaws).
 
May you find more joys for yourself and experience them more often than not!

7 comments:

  1. I agree that a massage will certainly soothe and rejuvenate your body and mind, especially when you are under a lot of stress. Aside from relaxing your body, getting a massage will also give you health benefits that are undeniably recognizable. I wish you the best in future endeavors! :)

    Ezekiel Hibler @ Tao Energy Movement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Ezekiel as well as for the warm wishes! I could not agree with you more about the health benefits of massage. I wish you the best for a wonderfully enjoyable life! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came home from a FABULOUS massage with Alison at Salon Patrick's! Loved the aromatherapy; loved the scalp massage; loved the foot massage; LOVED all of it! You rock Alison! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need to relax and unwind once in a while, and going for a massage is probably one of the best way to wash away the stress. Maybe you can also consider reflexology; it's also soothing and can take away body pain. Never let any negativity or stress take over your body.

    -Marisa Chadbourne @ TouchOfHealthNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marisa - congrats on a wonderful career and website! I will have to try Reflexology! I also went gluten free about a year ago, although I did it for joint pain, I did enjoy losing weight as a side effect. I will have to try the Apple Cinnamon Muffin Trader Joe recipe - it looks fabulous. I, unfortunately, am not able to use quinoa since I am sensitive to that as well, but I will also keep searching for those delicious gluten free recipes. Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing. I personally LOVE your career choice! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks John! I have been wanting to try acupuncture. The spa link you provided looks fabulous! I so love me my spa's!

      Delete